Things are heating up in all five of our stories. If you have not yet started reading, this is a good time to jump in, back track, and catch up. Just follow the link for each story and go back to Chapter 1, or else go to the archives and catch up that way. This round of stories contains some quirky characters! I’m posting early because I have to be out and about until tomorrow afternoon and didn’t want to put this off.
- I tackled the third chapter of Len. Althea attempted to engage Len in a heart to heart discussion about his mother, Nessie, but found herself low on the list. Cigarettes, Jack Daniels, and game shows seemed to occupy his attention more than a discussion about his mother. We also learned that Nessie may not be at death’s door after all. If anything, she’s closer to the window.
- Richard gave us some very interesting insight into Skip’s/Al’s character in They May Not Mean To, But They Do. He and Lindsay seem to be working on a friendship and things are looking up in his life. He even opens up a bit about his past. With parents like his, no wonder he has self esteem issues. He probably hates carousels, too.
- Valary got Ham past the tragedy that befell Nathan in Bedeviled Ham and we see that Ham is even able to come clean about things during his session. Unfortunately, life is still perfect for Ham, but Nathan may feel that it’s time to call in the cavalry.
- Cary is working on Boomtown, but she had her hands full with a major move last week and this week. As soon as her chapter posts, I will add the summary here. Let’s hope Earl isn’t near a knife (we know how much Cary likes sharp instruments!).
- Dan let Genevieve do some eavesdropping in Rummy. Daddy and Uncle Pete seem to be up to something fishy, and not the kind with scales. It seems that the local law enforcement officers also smell rotten. Rummy remains silent through it all.